Welcome to Prendergast Primary School, a fully inclusive environment for learners of all abilities and needs.
Mrs Dunlop is our Deputy Headteacher and ALNCO (Additional Learning Needs Co-ordinator). Our classroom staff are the first port of call if you have a question or concern about your child’s needs in the school setting or beyond. If you cannot find the answer that you need, or require further information, you can contact Mrs Dunlop.
She runs an ALN Drop-In clinic every Thursday morning at the school. An appointment is not required and you can, literally, drop in! However, if you require information that is specific to a condition or to your own child, you may wish to ring the reception and let Mrs Dunlop know in advance, so that they information you require is to hand.
As part of our inclusive school, we offer a variety of support mechanisms within the school and with external agencies:
· Access to Dyslexia Screening tools and support
· Referral on to STEPS provision such as ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant), Behaviour Support or Nurture Provision.
· Support from the Pembrokeshire County Council Inclusion Service
· We are an ASC-aware school.
· We have access to a variety of assessments to support learners such as SNAP and Talkabout.
Please do contact us if you require any further information.