We always aim to show our school Values in all we do throughout the day everyday!!
At Prendergast C.P, we have wonderful, kind children.We know that children learn from their mistakes, if on the rare occasion this happens and someone has been upset, we use Restorative Practice questions to support us in discussing what has happened and how to change things in the future. All staff across the school are trained in this and older learners are happy to lead sessions as well.
When challenging behaviour:
· What happened?
· What were you thinking of at the time?
· What have you thought about since?
· Who has been affected by what you have done?
· In what way have they been affected?
· What do you think you need to do to make things right?
To help those affected:
· What did you think when you realized what had happened?
· What impact has this incident had on you and others?
· What has been the hardest thing for you?
· What do you think needs to happen to make things right?